Land Sea Air Autonomy is dedicated to providing affordable autonomous solutions. We focus on developing innovative solutions to our customer's needs that are technically sound and cost effective.
Innovative ideas and talented individuals are the foundation of LSA Autonomy. Our staff possesses a great deal of expertise in robotic and autonomous systems. As our customer base expands, we are seeking highly motivated and highly competent Mechanical Engineers in Westminster, MD. As a mechanical engineer at LSA Autonomy you will create autonomy products that positively improve and impact the world.
Once here, you will:
- Join an interdisciplinary passionate group of people who LOVE what they do
- Be challenged to think more holistically and expand your view on design
- Collaborate with people from different backgrounds such as interaction designers, electrical engineers, computer programmers, environments designers and design researchers
- Become part of a culture that encourages learning and teaching while working with people outside of your immediate area of expertise
- Be responsible for soup to nuts mechanical projects
- You are the best in your field and have a Degree in Mechanical or other suitable Engineering discipline
- You have 5-10 years minimum of professional experience
- You have manufacturing at the core of your process
- You are comfortable leading clients and teams through the design process
- You have the ability to gather research data and translate it into design requirements
- You have experience in designing products or experiences that have Mechanical, Electrical and Software components.
- You are experienced using machine shop tools such as milling machines, lathes, CNCs, and 3D Printers
- You are experienced in using mechanical engineering design and analysis tools (Inventor, FEA, Matlab etc)
- You have the ability to generate ideas quickly without a lot of background information or parameters
- Physical and digital prototyping as part of your workflow for exploring new ideas
- Passion and experience around new-to-the-world product innovation
- You have the ability to obtain and keep a US government security clearance
When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter communicating your passion for engineering and relevant work samples. Work samples should indicate your specific role(s) and contributions for each project presented.
LSA Autonomy promotes Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through adherence to equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state, and local levels.